Hendricks Farmers Elevator, Hendricks Minnesota, is a very successful full-service grain, feed, and seed co-op with operations in 2 communities in southwest Minnesota. Annual sales are projected at $24 million.
The General Manager plans, develops, and establishes policies and objectives of the business organization in accordance with Board directives, maintains optimum efficiency and economy of operations by performing the following duties personally or through the management team. Provides visionary and outstanding leadership to the Cooperative. Performs job functions in a prompt and proactive manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: (Includes the following and other duties may be assigned)
- Creates a well-thought out vision and plan for the Cooperative in coordination with the Board of Directors; constantly provides communication and recommendations to the Board of Directors on how and what needs to occur to ensure the future success of the company.
- Supervises all operations and activities of the company; delegate’s supervision and authority to the appropriate supervisors and managers within the company.
- Takes a team approach with employees and encourages collaboration and accountability for job performance.
- Works closely with the management team and when necessary with direct communication to customers to make sure customer needs, concerns, and questions are followed up on.
- Keeps up to date with technology and trends that impact our business and our patrons. Strives to continue to keep the Cooperative relevant to today’s producer.
- Oversees and supervises an effective bookkeeping and accounting system; delegates authority and management duties as needed.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine company progress toward stated goals.
- Responsible for the development and presentation of annual budget including anticipated income and expenses.
- Maintains the lowest level of expenses possible, avoids waste while still ensuring that members and patrons are satisfied with service and that the company is successful.
- Takes decisive action in order to ensure the success of the company.
- Determines and presents recommendations for new facility and equipment additions or repairs.
- Researches new operational methods and ideas that will provide costs savings or benefit the company and its membership.
- Provides each member of the Board of Directors with an agenda and board minutes before each regularly scheduled board meeting.
- Promotes company and branch location employee cohesiveness through effective communication, teamwork and shared services.
- Creates a presence in the community through regular communications with patrons, involved in appropriate community events.
- Effectively communicates by verbal and written means with customers, employees and management.
- Employee is required to perform all other duties as directed by the Cooperative Board of Directors.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for the entire company.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and/or five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred candidates will have supervisory/management experience with an understanding of finance, strategic planning and operational controls. Candidates should possess solid leadership skills with a strong background in agriculture.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Read, analyze and comprehend technical procedures or governmental regulations. Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Must effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Hendricks Farmers Elevator
- Understands and believes in the importance of the Cooperative system
- A person of the highest integrity and honesty
- Innovative forward thinking
- Ability to recognize and retain talent
- High level leadership and communication skills
- Outgoing personality
- Customer focused in a diverse marketplace
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salary and benefits. All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence.
For more information about the organization and position, please contact Dave Lemmon at David.Lemmon@chsinc.com
or (320) 219-0270.
Interested applicants should apply online.
Deadline for Applications: November 16, 2020