CHS Cooperative Resources is working with Mountain View Co-op, a very successful and progressive member cooperative in Black Eagle, Montana to hire an Energy Division Manager
The position is responsible for directing, promoting, and coordinating the energy division in a manner that will optimize the cooperative’s market share and savings, improve the cooperative’s efficiency, help achieve the cooperative’s mission and goals and result in outstanding customer service. The Energy Division Manager (EDM) must maintain a positive and cooperative attitude that promotes teamwork, integrity, honesty, and helpfulness. The EDM must embrace and exhibit MVC’s philosophy and culture of customer service.
Reports to the General Manager/CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Establish and maintain a positive customer service experience.
- Establish and maintain a positive experience for MVC customers, clients, and vendors, through professional interpersonal interactions.
- Report for duty in a fit condition, complying with the location dress code and acceptable personal hygiene.
- Grow and develop sales markets and distribution opportunities.
- Foster new and existing marketing programs that will allow Mountain View Co-op additional profit opportunities for service revenue and specialty product areas.
- Keep current on technological advancements and innovations in industry.
- Supervise energy employees, including hiring, coaching, evaluating, and talent planning.
- Attend and encourage staff training and development.
- Responsible for daily position reports, A/R, and collections.
- Direct and coordinate the energy operation business plan, marketing program and risk management program.
- Assist in competitive market analysis to maintain margins for MVC.
- Purchase and order necessary inventory.
- Manage refined fuels distribution and bulk fuel delivery for the region.
- Handle any customer complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
- Provide feedback to Manager.
- Maintain established methods of communications as prescribed by management.
- Comply with MVC policies/procedures and DOT regulations.
- Practice and encourage workplace safety and hold self and others accountable to uphold workplace safety standards.
- Work with other MVC divisions including Agronomy, Grain, and Retail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer service
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office experience
- Phone etiquette
- Profit and loss analysis
- MVC products and purposes
- Refined fuels and Propane
- DOT Regulations
- Safety rules, procedures, and practices
- Establish effective working relationships with management, co-workers, and the general public.
- Embrace and exhibit the customer service culture of MVC.
- Maintain an excellent driving record.
- Report to work on-time and as scheduled.
- Communicate effectively with others in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Operate a smart phone.
- Drive within the State of Montana in all weather conditions.
- Work the hours required of the position to include evenings, weekends and on-call situations.
- Drive and inspect both outdoor and indoor areas to observe compliance with established programs.
- High School diploma or GED
- 4-year degree in Agribusiness, Marketing, or Sales (applicable work experience may substitute for degree) or (6-10 years related job experience may substitute for education).
- 3-5 years energy sales and / or management experience,
- 2+ years’ experience managing an Energy Department and supervising staff,
- 3 years’ experience developing and executing marketing plans,
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Montana
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that are required by the employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Clarity of speech and hearing that permits the employee to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Clarity of vision to include; near and far vision, ability to focus while operating computers and viewing monitors, and ability to read printed materials.
- Manual dexterity that permits the employee to operate smart phone, electronic log, and operate equipment.
- Personal mobility that permits the employee to enter, operate, and exit motor vehicles.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to drag a hose.
- Ability to walk, stand, and reach for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to drive and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally stoop, kneel, and climb.
- Ability to navigate uneven terrain.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Travel is required in all weather conditions.
- Various noise levels are present in the work environment, from low to moderately loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive, all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the employee.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & REASONABLE ACCOMODATION
MVC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected category including; race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
MVC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in its employment, services, programs, and activities.
All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence. For more information about the organization and Energy Division Manager position, please contact Dave Lemmon at David.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dave at (320) 219-0270.
Interested applicants should apply online.