High Plains Cooperative, Plainview, Minnesota,
is looking for a General Manager
to manage their very successful energy and large retail cooperative, including bulk and retail energy, C Store and commercial energy. This Cooperative is in beautiful Southeastern Minnesota, near Rochester. Annual sales are projected at $14 million.
This position requires an understanding of accounting, finance, budgeting, planning, business process controls, as well as good communication, supervisory, public relations and organizational skills to manage the total operation. The successful candidate will work extensively with a six-person board and must be able to make decisions and work independently. The candidate must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
** Applications will be considered until November 4th, 2019 **
- Manage the operation of the entire business according to High Plains Cooperative objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a return on investment.
- Establish and implement a program of safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards.
- Evaluate patron credit needs and extend credit in accordance with High Plains Cooperative policies.
- Monitor credit liability and manage the collection of accounts receivable.
- Monitor the daily long/short position for commodities to effectively manage inventory risk.
- Educate both employees and patrons in the operations of the business objectives to enhance employee effectiveness and improve customer relations.
- Establish and implement short-term goals that are consistent with long-range plans for growth in operation, including facility, equipment and personnel.
- Communicate with department managers to coordinate and complete all aspects of the consolidated operation.
- Communicate with the Board of Directors of High Plains Cooperative.
- Keep abreast of industry trends or changes to accurately answer patron inquiries.
- Manage High Plains Cooperative workforce through responsible training, coaching and clear job assignment definition and explanation, including organizational chart, job descriptions, and regular employee reviews (annual).
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Oversee the information provided for month-end close, inventory valuation, bringing contracts to market, physical, inventory, etc.
- Properly document and provide accurate daily and month-end accounting transactions.
High Plains Cooperative, Plainview, Minnesota
- 2-year or 4-year degree in Agriculture or Business
- 5+ years of Energy Manager experience
is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salary and benefits. All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence.
For more information about the organization and position, please contact Dave Lemmon at David.email@example.com
or (320) 219-0270.
Interested applicants should apply online.